It's a deep and wonderful world, once you start exploring blues music.
Surprisingly, the blues can sound great on the stereotypically happy-go-lucky ukulele.
“3 Chords and the Truth”
I'm not sure where that quote comes from, and, honestly, I'm not sure if it was meant to apply to the blues or to country music.
Either way, the underlying basics of blues music really does start you down the road to all different styles. The basics are the basics.
The basics of the blues are so very simple that I've made my goal here is to show you some sneaky way to KNOW where to put your fingers, so you automatically sound good in any key. With that knowledge you can keep digging deeper — as deep as you choose!
Every video has two tiny, very helpful icons.
- Use the little BOX icon to embiggen your video to full-screen–much easier to see what's going on!
- Use the little GEAR icon to slow down and speed up the video. Very helpful.
Pop-open tab with “how to get around here” (or link)
How to Get Around Here:
- Use the navigation in the sidebar if you want to jump around
- Every lesson page has some little button/icons so you can mark a lesson complete, bookmark it for later, or star it as a favorite. This will help you keep track of where you are in a course, because…
- You can check the menu for the course to see which lessons you've completed and which are left. Just look for the checkmarks next to the lessons, and…
- You can review all lessons status right over here.