All the updates from the latest Great Ukulele Council, where the future of the ukulele is decided.
Official Ukulele Changes
As your ukulele representative, one of my duties each year is to attend the Great Ukulele Council, where the future of the ukulele is decided.
Although I only allowed to reveal so much of what goes on behind those closed doors, and nothing of who is in attendance (you might be surprised!), I am required to let you know the resolutions on the table so that if you have any input, it can be collected, tabulated, then ignored.
In the works:
- new tuning–possibly all B notes
- one additional string, used specifically for firing arrows
- new tuning mode, to be called ultra and audible only to dolphins
- new uke-instrument combos–like the banjolele, only with a trumpet or clarinet (President McM—- demonstrated his home-built oboekele)
- safety straps required for any instrument bigger than sopranomoratorium on medleys, after the Barry Manilow incident in Davenport
- after the introduction of the sopranino, music stores required to specify whether any product is a size of ukulele or a size of coffee
- copyright the term “tuning pegs” to get some of that guitar money flowing our way
I will update you when or if any of these new regulations come to pass.
Like the Funny?
You should check out the Ukulele Comedy and Novelty Song Songbook!